Katherine's Sponge Cake


It is cold today and I want to start this post with a song, so you can have a nice background listening to it while you are reading! I think it is a brilliant idea! ;)

I love this band, the are just amazing and this song is so beautiful:


Stars Your Ex Lover Is Dead



Finally, I am starting to feel settled in our new kitchen. I am in love with my beautiful porcelain sink, with the light under the cupboard which makes doing the dishes so much better. I love the oak countertops and great storage. The large window brings a lot of light, there is room for all my cookbooks on the shelves, they do not have to hide in the living room anymore, and best of all, I have a tv!





Cooking just got better, I can learn even more with the food network on!


Here it is!!!!









































The first thing that I baked in this kitchen was what I mention in this post.

It is the cake that my neighbour, Katherine, made for us the day before our move. It turned out delicious and I will make it again and again. Thank you Katherine for sharing!!!!!!!





It tastes like a combination of shortbread and a pound cake. You can serve it with jam, make it chocolate or coffee flavoured by adding some cocoa or espresso. My favourite is the way Katherine made it, with lemon and some icing sugar poured over the cake when it is still hot. I like to serve it with whipped cream and some berries.





From deliaonline.com

Cake

110g butter, softened
2 eggs, large
110g sugar
110g flour
zest of 1 lemon

Syrup

juice of 1 lemon
1/4th cup icing sugar

Preheat the oven to 325F/170C. Grease a 7 inch cake tin.

With an electric mixer beat the sugar with butter until fluffy and falls of a wooden spoon. Add eggs one at a time, making sure not to overbeat. Add the lemon zest and fold in the sifted flour in three additions. Mix until well incorporated.

Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25- 30 min. Pour the syrup immediately after taking out of the oven.

Serve with whipped cream and fruit while still warm.

ENJOY!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts