Summer Lunch With Haddock


I was so happy to find a store with fresh Ontario vegetables in my new neighbourhood and it is just around the corner. I thought it only sold plants, but when I finally ventured inside I could not be a happier person in there. Everything is local, fresh and not crazy expensive. 
Last Tuesday I picked up some gorgeous yellow string beans, field tomatoes, lettuce, dill cucumbers, zucchinis, peaches and the sweetest blueberries and strawberries. I really, cannot believe the difference in flavours when eating something produced close to home and grown locally from something shipped miles away. I will restrain from buying strawberries in winter, simple because there is no point. Not healthy- not much flavour. I also picked up some fresh fish from a store nearby and made haddock for lunch, sauteed with some olive oil and butter with fried sage and thyme from my garden, seasoned with salt and pepper of course and a squirt of lime. 

I served this gorgeous, moist and flaky fish with fresh Ontario young potatoes with dill and a crunchy salad- lettuce, dill cucumber (did not bother to peel those) and tomatoes. Just some salt and pepper, fresh lime juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil is all you need to make a yummy dressing.




On vacation you need to eat dessert everyday, twice a day :)

Last Tuesday, mostly because it was super hot, I made ice cream bombes inspired by this post


I scooped some vanilla ice cream, melted some dark and milk chocolate, drizzled it all over and added some cinnamon, orange zest, pistachios.


Tasted heavenly.



ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts