Summer Crumble


I have not been too good recently in keeping up with my posts. My dad left last week and we were busy shopping, sightseeing and spending the last moments here. For this year at least.


Finally I took some days off to stay at home with my daughter before my mother-in-law visits from Mexico. I made this amazing crumble few weeks ago which is super fast to make and amazing with the freshest fruit of the summer and served with some vanilla ice cream.

The recipe is with pears and apples but you can subsititute for any fruit, I love using blueberries and raspberries mixed in with some chunks of the pears and apples. If you have red currants by all means they will give an interesting kick of tartness


Summer Crumble

4 cups sliced apples
2 cups sliced peeled pears
1/4 cup currants
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons wholewheat flour
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup liquid honey
3 tbsp almond butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 cups large-flake rolled oats
1/4 cup sliced almonds
3 tbsp sunflower or pumpkin seeds


Mix all the fruit in a bowl. Add flour, lemon zest, juice and sugar. Bake for about 35 minutes in 375F.


Meanwhile mix honey, almond butter, cinnamon, cider and salt. Mix in the oats and sunflower seeds with the almonds. Spoon over the fruit and bake for another 20 min lowering the temperature to 350F.


Serve with vanilla ice cream!


Enjoy this song Brodka Varsovie


HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!

Comments

Popular Posts