Quick Weeknight Chocolate Craving.....



Two days ago I took advantage of this beautiful weather we are having here this week and visited the new Longos supermarket not far from my work. I love food shopping anytime, anywhere, of course, and Longos has a good selection of produce I have not seen anywhere before. One of the things that I found there were fresh flour tortillas. I usually buy the regular supermarket flour tortillas or corn tortillas. But these looked and tasted different. The texture reminded me more of a combination of pita bread and tortilla.



In the past I used tortillas for wraps mainly. Sometimes a veggie tortilla lasagna or a burrito. But I have come a long way and I have learnt so many different ways of using it. Countless Mexican dishes such as huevos rancheros, quesadillas, tacos, enchiladas....cut into strips, fried and served with soup or salad instead of bread. Or in scrambled eggs.

But yesterday I took it to new levels. I created a dessert! I love churros but I am not a fan of deep frying anything. (even though it tastes heavenly) I heated a little bit of oil in the pan and cut some tortilla strips, fried them in a pan until they began to brown.

While still warm, I placed those in a bowl and sprinkled with some brown sugar and cinnamon.

Served with melted, still warm milk chocolate (i just put it in a bowl and melt it in a microwave) and some whipped cream.

And good coffee.


Heaven- guaranteed.



HAve a Great Weekend!




Comments

Popular Posts