Carrot and Coriander Soup


Another beautiful song by ZOE LUNA

Sundays. We love them and we never want them to end. Sundays are supposed to be lazy. I tried not to be tempted to leave the house to do some shopping and instead I spent the whole morning in the kitchen, my favourite place. Last Sunday I made chewy granola bars for work snacks.



They are amazing at these critical hours when I would devour chocolate in large amounts if I had it on hand. I also made a lime pie, crunchy crust and the sweet and sour, but smooth filling, that tastes so amazing with a cup of espresso on a Sunday afternoon. I also made cream of carrot soup, deciding that I really need to cut down on some carbs. I am only allowing myself to have some bread for breakfast, once a day. For lunches soup and salad it will be. I have been addicted to arugula and grapefruit salad recently.




Carrot and Coriander Soup


5 large carrots
Half an onion
4 to 5 garlic cloves
1.5 teaspoon ground coriander
Handful of cilantro
Salt and pepper
Milk (about 0.5 cup)



Place the carrots in a large pot, covering it with vegetable or chicken broth. Add cilantro and cook until soft and falling apart when pricked with a fork. In a frying pan fry the onions with garlic on a slow heat until they caramelize. Add the ground coriander. Transfer to the pot and blend everything until smooth. Add more water if you find the consistency too thick and season with salt and pepper. Add few splashes of milk for the creaminess. I love to serve it with tortilla and bread, chopped and toasted in a pan with some olive oil, butter and oregano. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. 



Comments

Popular Posts