Corn Muffins with Raspberry Jam





Wow, I cannot believe it is that time of the year again. Christmas decorations are everywhere, it is time to start thinking about sending cards and buying presents. Not to mention plan all the cooking and baking! I love baking all those yummy cookies!

Today I have a treat for you to enjoy next weekend, when you sit down with some tea or coffee to make all those lists and write all those cards. I always write cards, I am very against email cards.





Now, how did I get around to baking those on a Sunday morning?

I was very happy to go out with some friends this past weekend for some long overdue ME time. Even though I woke up with a slight headache on Sunday, I had lots of extra energy for the day to come. I have to be especially creative on Sunday mornings since it is a day when we are out of groceries and it usually means that the fridge is empty. I only had two eggs, so eggs for breakfast were out of the question.

I did have some English muffins which I toasted slightly, charred some tomatoes in a grill pan, did the same with ham, put some cheddar and the muffins and warmed them again in the pan for the cheese to melt and topped with the ham and tomatoes. Was it ever tasty.......

And I have not baked for a week, so I needed to smell something baking and with only two eggs I was able to whip up some delicious corn muffins. The texture was perfect, almost like fresh warm bread. It was so good with fresh coffee and some raspberry jam. Even better if you heat them up a bit in a microwave next day and serve with a little bit of butter.








Raspberry Corn Muffins


3 cups all purpose flower
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup cornmeal
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups whole milk
225 g unsalted butter
2 eggs

3/4 cup raspberry jam



Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine milk with the melted butter and eggs. In another bowl mix the dry ingredients. Slowly add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing all the time on a slow speed. Do not over-blend. Spoon the batter into a lined muffin pan (this recipe makes 12) It might seem like a lot but they will be fluffy and tall! Bake for 30 minutes or more (until the tops are crispy and golden)

Serve with raspberry jam on the side or you can spoon some jam in the middle of the muffins with a pastry bag.


ENJOY!!!!!



The rest of the day was equally yummy.

Lunch was a leftover rice chicken soup (cook few chicken breasts (bone in) with few carrots, rice and some parsley with stems. Remove the chicken when cooked, add some organic chicken broth cubes to intensify the flavour, chopped broccoli, cauliflower, remove the carrots and add chopped when the rest of the veggies is done. Add some corn, can be pieces or frozen. Add salt and pepper to your taste.

For dinner I had some beautiful salmon steaks that I cooked in the oven with some soy sauce and maple syrup (1:1) Served alongside twice baked potatoes and a fresh salad with honey garlic-balsamic dressing.

Dessert? Harry Potter and some chips :) Not exactly sticking to my diet. Oh well........

Recent song indulgence:

Tan Solo Tu

Comments

  1. These look great. The pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gwen. They turned out yummy. I want them for breakfast all the time, but there is so much to bake and cook out there... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts