How About Squash Tagliatelle




My song choice for today:
the cure just like heaven

First of all, it has been very challenging for me to work on my posts, in between running after my 9 month old baby, shopping for a new house and learning Spanish. But cooking never stops here  :)

Sometimes the best recipes are created when you just look in your fridge and decide what you need to use before the expiry date.

Last week I made an amazing pasta dish, using just a few ingredients and spending less than 20 min in the kitchen. And the result was simply delish!!!!

I have also been very excited about using my new knives that I got for my birthday and I have been really enjoying, chopping, slicing, cutting.......it is really so much easier when you have a good quality knife! I am starting to feel like a chef in my kitchen.



Butternut Squash Tagliatelle


1 butternut squash- peeled, cut into cubes and roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper until sweet, yummy and soft 

300g of chopped canned tomatoes

1/2 cup cream

some olive oil salt and pepper

basil 

600g fresh tagliatelle   


Boil the pasta in salty water, strain and return to the pot. Add a good splash of olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix. Add chopped tomatoes, cream and squash. Mix everything and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add about 2 tablespoons of basil. Serve right away!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts