Rainy Day Soup


I am not sure if it is the weather, too much chocolate or too much coffee or maybe not enough sleep but today I am not craving any junk food whatsoever. It seems that my body tells me to stop and take a break and load up on healthy things. And I usually listen to it. I need something healthy, warm and hearty at the same time, something that will make me feel good but does not require too much attention in the kitchen.
It seems that have less and less time for anything. My Tere is now crawling and it seems she really wants to walk since she is not interested in any of her toys but looking for new opportunities where she can grab on to something to stand up. Her favourite thing recently is holding on to the edges of the couch, walking up and down its edge looking for anything exciting she could find there! She only turned 7 months? And I was hoping for a baby who sits quietly in one spot playing with her toys while I am writing my blog..... ;) well, instead I have one with the biggest need to explore. Hence my cooking has been fast and as easy as possible with as little effort as possible.
I remember making an Asian inspired soup in the past with ginger and glass noodles. Ginger is amazing for you and especially if you feel like you are going down with something this soup will work miracles.
Start with about 12 cups of vegetable broth. Add two pieces of star anise, 1 tablespoon of freshly ground ginger, a little bit of pepper and salt. Next add two celery sticks, chopped of course, 1 chopped carrot and 4 dried mushrooms. Boil until tender and add 1 cup of broccoli florets at the end. Soak your glass noodles ( about 200 grams) and add to your soup. Serve and spice it up with a splash of lime. You can also add some meat or veggie dumplings)
Delisioso!!!

Comments

Popular Posts