Easy Lunch and Memories of Summer




The summer is over. It is cool, dark and rainy outside. It is sad but it is exciting at the same time. I love the changing seasons and fall is my favourite one. It is the time to wear cozy sweaters, snuggle up with a blanket and a cup of tea or hot coffee in front of the tv, start a fireplace, cook some soups and stews that say home and bake more, because there is nothing better than the warmth of the oven with something baking inside on a cool, rainy day.
Today I am having some lunch that says summer but it is my goodbye to summer. Fresh peaches with a baguette and Camembert, as well as some homemade fig jam.
I made this jam while preparing a sticky fig pudding, which is a perfect Fall dessert. But I will write about that one later.

To make your fig jam you need some dried figs and all you need to do it to soak them in some water and boil with a stick of cinnamon until tender. Then you drain the water and puree the figs and you have got your jam!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts