Asparagus and Salmon Quiche










What a rainy day, where is the spring? I decided not to leave the house, because of the dreary wind and showers...instead, I am warming myself with a cappuccino, made with some brewed espresso coffee and frothed milk (I usually warm my milk in a microwave and then use the French Press to make a delicious froth; make sure your milk is at least 2%) Sometimes, when I crave something sweet I put a bit of condensed milk at the bottom of the cup, then add coffee and pour milk at the end. Delicious! For breakfast leftover Easter quiche and some wholegrain toast. Dinner will be easy, leftover leek risotto!


Asparagus and Salmon Quiche

6 asparagus stalks (cut off the tough ends)
3 oz (85 g) thinly sliced smoked salmon, chopped
1 tbsp dill
3 tbsp cream cheese- cubed
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1 Tenderflake deep dish pie shell
Prebake the pie shell according to the instructions. Put your salmon, cream cheese and pieces of asparagus at the bottom of the shell. Whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper and pour over the pie shell. Bake in 375F (190 C) for 35 min. Check centre with a knife, if it comes out clean your quiche is ready!
Serve with roasted baby potatoes (olive oil and thyme) And a side of greens such as arugula.
ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts