Sweet Dough Rolls Ideal For Easter



I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I always loved sweet bread buns, or Hallah bread but I only knew how to use fresh yeast before and the rolls did not quite work out the way they were supposed to. It seemed so difficult. I gave it up.

Recently however, I came across this recipe in Bon Appetit and I was so thrilled to try it.

The first try was not too successful. I was impatient and I did not let the dough rise. You have to wait. Mine was a flop :(

I did not give up though. I tried it again, the next day. I followed all the instructions and it turned out perfectly. It tasted so good dipped in my morning coffee or as a sandwich. I cannot wait to make more!

I think it will be a perfect addition to any Easter celebration.






 Sweet Dough Vanilla Rolls

2/3 cup 2 percent milk
5 tablespoons sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup raisins and a pinch of cinnamon (optional)




Heat milk in a small pot until warm. Stir in 1 Tbsp. sugar. Sprinkle yeast over milk and whisk to blend. Leave it to rest for about 5 minutes, add the eggs whisking until smooth. 

Mix 4 tbsp. sugar, flour, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add milk mixture. With mixer running, add 1/2 cup room-temperature butter, 1 piece at a time, blending well between additions. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Knead on medium-high speed until dough is soft and silky, about 5 minutes. 

Brush a medium bowl with some melted butter; place dough in bowl. Brush top of dough with remaining melted butter; cover with plastic wrap. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic; chill.

Let dough rise in a warm, draft-free area until doubled in size, 1–1 1/2 hours (or 2–2 1/2 hours if dough has been refrigerated.

Divide the dough into two parts. Take one part and divide it in to two again, form logs. Cuts each of the longs into 6 pieces. Each piece will be cut into three pieces again and rolled into balls. Place three balls ( should be size of a tim bit- mini donut) in a buttered muffin cup. This recipe makes 12 buns. Place it in a non-draft space (or a warm oven, not hot) and leave it to rise unti it almost doubles in size, for about 1.5 hours.

Preheat the oven to 375 F and brush the rolls with some milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in the middle rack for 15- to 20 minutes until puffed and golden.







Comments

Popular Posts