Tostada Crusted Sole and Orange Scented Couscous



This recipe was created out of necessity. I was out of bread crumbs or old bread and I had a craving for a crunchy piece of fish! Turns out that I had some Mexican tostadas that I crushed in my food processor to resemble bread crumbs and the result was amazing!

I used sole that I placed in flour first, then scrambled raw eggs and then my tostada bread crumbs, added salt and pepper and fried for few minutes on each side until golden brown! It was, what can I say, delicious! ;) Just serve it with lime on the side and this delicious dill sauce:

DILL SAUCE


3 tablespoons natural yogurt
1 tablespoon mayo
juice of half a lime (try a bit and see how zesty you like it, then add more if necessary)
salt and pepper
chopped dill, about 1 teaspoon

Then I needed a side and couscous had been on my mind for a while. But I needed a fresh, summery and light flavour and decided to go for it with some orange zest!

Here is what you need for it:

ORANGE SCENTED COUSCOUS
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 tablespoon powdered ginger
2 cups boiling water
1-1/2 cups couscous
1 teaspoon kosher salt; more to taste
1/2 cup toasted flaked almonds
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Zest from 1 orange
Freshly ground black pepper

First heat the oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion with the garlic and zucchini. Set aside. Boil some water and place the couscous in a bowl. Pour 2 cups of water over your couscous and add ginger. Mix with a spoon and set aside for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes fluff the couscous with a fork, add orange zest with the rest of the ingredients and eat! Quickly because it is too delicious to wait!

Comments

Popular Posts