Oreo Popsicles




I have been meaning to make Popsicles for a while now. It will be a good first step before attempting to make ice cream (my ice cream maker is looking at me right now, why haven't you used me yet?) The other day I was shopping for a gift for a baby at Ecoexistence (great store by the way) and I saw a set of stainless steel Popsicle molds that looked gorgeous! First of all, much healthier than regular plastic molds and it will last for much longer! They are so easy to use as well, when your Popsicles are ready just pour some cold water over the mold and the Popsicle will slide out easily (do not use hot water as it might melt it)




Ok, I admit, Popsicles are supposed to be healthier than ice cream, and I just destroyed that idea by throwing oreos inside them....fresh fruit, green tea, yogurt...you heard it all but oreos? Well, my first Popsicles were with natural yogurt and raspberries and it needed a little zing. So I decided to experiment with fruit yogurt (Activia Strawberry), bananas, peaches and who knew, crushed oreos. I was happy with the result because I felt good about eating yogurt with fruit and there was a cookie surprise waiting for me as well! Mind you, it is a nice treat because you only have few pieces of a cookie in one Popsicle while we can all admit to eating more than one cookie at a time ;) I am sure your kids will love this treat on these hot days and it will become a staple in your summer kitchen!



OREO POPSICLES

Makes more than six (keep the rest in your fridge to refill your molds)
IMPORTANT! Add cookies only while filling the molds to keep nice chunks otherwise you will have oreo mush...

500 g fruit yogurt
2 bananas
2 peaches
2 tablespoons condensed milk
splash of vanilla
splash of milk
few oreo cookies (in small pieces)

Blend everything and add pieces of cookies while pouring into molds.

Freeze for few hours.




EAT!

Comments

Popular Posts