Coconut Cheesecake





This is one of my favourite cheesecake recipes. I remember coming across it skipping through Chateline Magazine maybe 5 years ago and it stayed with me ever since. I wrote it down on a piece of paper and shared with few friends and then I lost it! tried to google it but nothing (from chateline) came up until the other day when I finally had some time to clean up my recipe holder and there it was! The Lost and Found recipe. Now, by putting it here I will never have to worry about losing it again.




Coconut Cheesecake
For the Base you will need:

375 ml dry cookies such as Digestives
2 tablespoons ground ginger
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons of chopped candied ginger (optional)

Put all those in a food processor until smooth and press to the bottom of a round cheesecake pan with removable bottom. Now I know these tend to leak, so press your cookie mixture over the cracks making sure it is a bit higher above them and you will not have a leak and will not have to worry about using foils etc.



For the Cheesecake:


On a cookie sheet place half a glass of shredded coconut, spread evenly and bake until golden in 150 Celsius.

Mix together:

2 bricks of Philadelphia cream cheese (250 g)
3/4 cup whipping cream or any heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons vanilla

Add toasted coconut and mix until incorporated. Pour over the cookie mixture.

Bake for 1 and 1/4 hours in 150 Celsius until top turns golden and shakes a little when you move it. Let it cool for 10 minutes.

Topping

Mix 75 ml heavy cream, 50 ml sugar, 15 ml coconut milk, 1 teaspoons vanilla. Pour over the cake and bake for another 5 min at the same temperature.





I serve it with mango ice cream. There is something really delicious about this combination. If you do not happen to have mango ice cream serve it with some fresh fruit.

ENJOY!


Comments

Popular Posts