Penelope, Gazpacho and Sangria





Even though I do not mind having the oven on in the summer, since I do bake quite a bit, it is not going to happen today. Even with my AC on I simply cannot stand more heat, it is way toooo hot. Cold dinner it is then. I decided to make gazpacho, very easy to prepare, you just throw all the ingredients in the blender and it is ready to eat. Preferably with a cold Spanish Tortilla or some bread. Even Nachos, whatever you fancy.








GAZPACHO
Portion for two

3 ripe tomatoes

1 cucumber peeled and roughly chopped

half a red and half a green pepper

1 clove of garlic

half a small red onion (really small)

juice of one lime


Good splash of olive oil

salt and pepper

natural yogurt and smoked paprika for decoration (optional)





To cool down when you do not have to do anything else today, have my homemade Sangria. I do like red wine, but I do not like too much of it in the summer. It gives me a headache and makes me super thirsty, not to mention that serving it at room temperature does not sound very enticing. Sangria it is then.




Simply pour same amounts of red wine, club soda and fruit juice (I like Tropicana Tropics) Then throw in few ice cubes and your favourite fruit, really anything goes here, I am using fresh figs and strawberries today, and enjoy on your patio on with a magazine or a book in your hand...what a dream....

I wish I had more time for a book but I am lucky if I am able to read one article in a day! Today it is the Vouge and I am reading about Penelope Cruz. I have been always a great fan of hers. Not only is she beautiful and a great actress, but has a baby born practically the same age as my little and she is married to Javier Bardem, whom I have always adored! She is the first Spanish actress who won an Oscar! It is so amazing, since English was definitely not her strength when she first moved to America. What an inspiration! I need to brush up on my Spanish! And I might watch Vicky Christina Barcelona with my Sangria......

Comments

Popular Posts