All Good Things Part 2 and Cheescake Brownies





I realize that a hot day might not inspire you to bake anything at all, not EVEN brownies, but think about a cheesecake brownie mixed in with some vanilla ice cream, and I would say just to be decadent, go for Hagen Dazs real vanilla ice cream not frozen yogurt ;) and I might have just changed your mind. I have tested this recipe few times and believe me it is amazing. I do not even want to try another recipe; this one is way too good. Not only you have lots of chocolate in it but more chocolate chips and cheesecake. Come on, what could be better than this. Anyone? Please let me know. Not even a Sunday morning sleep in or a cold beer on a hot day.

Cheescake Brownies
(David Lebovitz)

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
115g bittersweet chocolate
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips


200g Philadelphia cream cheese
1 egg yolk
5 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract

Start by melting butter with chocolate, I usually melt those in a microwave. Beat in eggs with the sugar and add the dry ingredients at the end. Mix in vanilla and chocolate chips and pour into a 9 inch square pan lined with aluminium foil.
Separately beat the cream cheese with egg yolk, sugar and vanilla until smooth. It helps if the cream cheese is at room temperature. Spread on top of the chocolate mix in six dollops and run the knife through it to mix it in with the chocolate a bit.
Bake 30 to 40 min in 350 F.


Comments

Popular Posts