Strawberries and Best Whipped Cream












I really do not understand the North American obsession with low calorie everything. Being a teenager I remember having lots of starches, butter, full milk, thick yogurts, cakes, meats and never having issues with being overweight. Moreover, I do not remember knowing anyone with these issues. I remember eating candy made from carmelized sugar or even bread with sugar as dessert because there was so little available to us in the stores back in the communist Poland.... I do not remember having chips, store bought frozen meals, cookies or anything prepared for that matter. Of course I am glad that communism is long gone but I am not too happy about the variety of bad produce the freedom of the west has brought to us...Everything we ate was organic and healthy. No preservatives, no added coloring. Pure nature and the real good for you fats.




About Whipped Cream

I remembered ordering a Peppermint Mocha at Starbucks the first time here in Canada and saying no to whipped cream, knowing that I should say yes to whipped cream (only if they are using a real whipped cream) and no to any syrups that contain lots of sugar. People are drinking 1 percent milk or eating fat free yogurt but eating fast food and chocolate chip muffins for breakfast and it is high time to understand that it is not the right way. Anything from nature is good for you, you should stay away from any product which contains ingredients you cannot pronounce and your body will thank you, so remember about it next time you buy your favourite chocolate chip cookies or gummy bears or your favourite breakfast cereal.
All the above deliberation has been brought by my very recent and frequent indulgence- whipped cream. Yes, I have had it before but it never tastes better as with fresh seasonal strawberries.


Frozen Strawberries with Best Whipped Cream
Now, I have an amazing secret to share and you will be surprised with the effect if you only try...and you will never want to go back to what you had before...If you hand whip your cream instead of using an electric mixer it will taste so much better. Please forget about whipped cream in spray or any similar product simply because the difference in taste is like finding out the difference between good and bad sex. And using a hand whisk takes it to a completely new level. Mixed with few frozen strawberries makes for a sinful dessert anytime and anywhere but not with anybody ;) Remember to add a bit of icing sugar to your cream while whipping and the amount is really up to you, the sweeter tooth you have the more sugar will it be.
I quit battling my thoughts about having my late night snack and decide to have some whipped cream with frozen strawberries right now. I think they are replaying Titanic again! Oh, if I could only have some white wine with frozen strawberries as well. Soon, soon....Please all enjoy your whipped cream and eat only what is the best treat your body like you want to live your life, takes only the best out of it! No substitutes!

Comments

Popular Posts