Fromage Blanc- My love affair with whipped cream continued....






I love reading cookbooks and I am completely addicted to food network. I love planning meals, shopping for food and the best part of travelling for me is of course food shopping and planning my days around meals. When I travel I dislike going to just any restaurants, I need to make sure that what they serve there is actually worth the visit, my time and my money. So here is a tip to you, do your research before eating out.
My recent indulgence is a cookbook written in a form of a diary- the author simply writes about what he had every single day and incorporates recipes into the text. Sometimes I wish I had done that more often because some of the best dishes out there come from leftovers, and the moment you create something your own, that no one else had done, tells you that yes, you really love to cook.
I always look for new ideas, new recipes and sometimes my partner does not like that because he will really enjoy something knowing that I will never prepare it again. Well, this blog will help me remember what I am cooking and have cooked so far and help me recreate my dishes.
Recently I have been craving something in between yogurt, cheese and whipping cream and how excited I was when I came across this recipe for Fromage Blanc in The Kitchen Diaries by Nigel Slater and it is absolutely delicious. I am going to serve it with lemon pound cake, some fresh berries and more blended berries with a sprinkle of dark chocolate.


FROMAGE BLANC
150 ml whipping cream
100 ml thick natural yogurt
icing sugar to your liking
1 egg white

First whip the cream until peaks hold stiff, then incorporate the yogurt and beat the egg white separately before adding it to the mixture. Add as much sugar as you want, keep in the fridge for few hours before serving.
Absolutely incredible!
Bon Apetite!

Comments

Popular Posts