Perfect Pear Coffee Cake



It has been a while since I had the energy or time to write a post and it is still challenging to find time to cook, not to mention take pictures and write about it but I have something that I made before having my second gorgeous daughter Elisa who now is almost 6 weeks. My first daughter who is 3 is at home with us and even though I get full time help I am lucky if I get to cook a meal and take a shower.





In the January issue of Food and Wine magazine I came across a coffee cake recipe, which had pears and oatmeal in the crumble and I just had to try it. Coffee cakes are my favorite to eat and I will not lie, I do bake them quite often. If you enjoy those as much as I do please try this recipe and you will make your friends and family very happy. 







Pear and Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Topping

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup pecans, chopped coarsely
1 cup light brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 stick (110 grams or 8 tablespoons) plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 pears- peeled, cored and cut into pieces

Cake

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 (220 grams) sticks unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 1/4 sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1. Whisk the flour with the oats, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt. With your hands run the butter mixture until incorporated, add the pears, toss and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.

2. For the cake preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. In the stand mixer beat the sugar with butter until light and fluffy, add eggs one a time. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix in the dry ingredients until incorporated well.

3. Transfer the batter to a baking pan and sprinkle with the streusel. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.



Comments

Popular Posts