Madeira Cake and Snow Storm Reading




It has been very challenging for me to update this blog recently and spend some quality time writing. Is it the cold winter here or the memories of the warm weather in Mexico that make everything a bit harder recently. I find my energy in cooking but less in documenting it. I have to be faster in organizing my kitchen, my house and deciding what to cook these days which seem to go by faster than ever. I miss the time researching countless options now it is all about my creativity.


Because of the snow storm last Friday I did have some time to look for few recipes and I managed to make this beautiful Madeira cake. I had it for breakfast with some fruit, coconut yogurt and raspberry jam. It was really delicious!I like the almonds in this cake, gives it an interesting flavour and texture.





Madeira Cake 
Donna Hay Modern Classics

170g butter, softened

3/4 cup superfine sugar

1 tablespoon grated lemon rind

3 eggs

1.5 tablespoon lemon juice

3/4 cup all purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

2/3 cup almond meal



Preheat oven to 170C. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, lemon rind and lemon juice.
Sift in flour and baking powder over the butter mixture and fold through with the almond meal.
Grease a banana bread type of tin, spread the cake mixture and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

Comments

Popular Posts