Mexican Style Speedy Scrambled Eggs


Valentines Day is almost here so here it goes- an amazing song Besame Mucho by ZOE

Most weekends we have scrambled eggs. They are fast to prepare and filling. And yummy. And give us energy to run all those weekend errands.





Today while cleaning out my pantry I found some tortillas that started to get a bit crumbly and instead of throwing them away I decided to roll them up, cut them into strings and fry them in a pan with some oil. Trying them I decided they would make a great churro-like snack if sprinkled with some brown sugar and cinnamon!

But instead I took them out of the pan, chopped one jalapeno (with the seeds), two tomatoes, 2 green onions, fried for few minutes. Put the tortilla strips back in and added some eggs (I used 8 for 3 people) Sprinkled with some salt.

Served with some buttered toast, fresh cilantro and freshly brewed coffee of course!





Now that is a way to wake your loved one on Valentine's Day!



Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts