Pistacho, Ginger, White Chocolate and Pear Blondies




I was so happy that I finally came across this particular recipe. I have lots of dried pears in my pantry and I am never sure how to use them. The crunch of pistachios and delicate flavour of ginger make for a perfect combination.









Pear and Pistachio Blondies

9 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped dried pears
3/4 cup chopped, shelled pistachios
0.5 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
1 teaspoon ground ginger

Preheat the oven to 325 F and grease a 9- inch round pan. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and ginger. In a separate bowl cream the butter with sugar and eggs. Add vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and combine. Mix in pears, chocolate and pistachios. Pour to the pan and bake for about 50 minutes. Transfer to  plate after it cools down and cut into wedges.

I suggest using a pan with a removable bottom as they are crumbly and resemble the consistency of shortbread. They will melt in your mouth. It also reminded me of the texture of the bliss bar from Starbucks, with different flavours of course.





I am so excited to have created this gift basket of goodies for my friend. Christmas Stollen, Pear Blondies, Gingerbread Cookies, Black Bottom Coconut Bars, assorted European Chocolates and ginger Candy from the Ginger People. They are traveling this Christmas so it will be a perfect gift to take, the candy gives you a sudden boost of energy and really helps your throat if it happens to be sore. I would be so excited to get such a basket!





I hope I inspire you to make something similar for your friends and family!


And for the song, I hope you will enjoy this one.


Faithless No Roots

Comments

Popular Posts