Something To Feel Good About- Healthy Quesadillas





Yes, healthy...I have been treating myself so much recently that I actually started craving healthy and a lot of healthy. Today I had a craving for a big crunchy salad. I needed a little more than a salad for dinner and I remembered having a black bean-sweet potato quesadilla  for brunch not too long ago in a vegetarian restaurant and I thought it would be a good main next to my salad.




Black and Orange Quesadillas



1 cup of black beans, cooked in salty water, pureed with some fresh cilantro.


1 large sweet potato, cooked until soft, pureed with a bit of sea salt


Some flour whole wheat tortillas


Crumbled goat cheese

Place the tortilla on a work surface and spread some beans on the half of it, some potato and top it with the crumbled cheese. Fold in half and heat in a non stick frying pan, without any oil until it browns a bit, turn to the other side, repeat.

Use as much of the beans and potatoes as you wish. Same goes for the cheese.

For the salad I used:

Lettuce, red pepper, tomato, grilled eggplant, goat cheese and honey balsamic vinegar (olive oil, balsamic vinegar (3-1 ratio), tablespoon honey, teaspoon oregano- dried, salt and pepper.



ENJOY!!!!







And for dessert, I had healthy "ice cream"- simply blend some frozen strawberries, banana, yogurt, a bit of milk. Why not, sprinkle some halva on the top.

ENJOY!!!!

Today's song- New Coldplay!!!!!! :)

Coldplay Major Minus

Comments

Popular Posts