Apple Pie Oatmeal When The Mornings Are Cold.....



This morning I woke up to a literally empty fridge and needed to come up with  a quick, but still delicious and comforting breakfast. After a crazy week of Big Decisions finally, hopefully, things will start to settle step by step, slowly...And I did make a promise to myself to take pictures of all the food I cook in between, because even though I have no time to read, do my Spanish homework or something my day cannot pass by like watching the news, I will never say no to cooking. Last week I made delicious pork chops in Dijon mustard sauce with oranges, beet salad with pistachios, mango-shrimp and coconut curry, and this wonderfully creamy oatmeal. What a pleasure to have it for breakfast, so comforting when it is getting cold outside and good for you too.

It is very simple to make.

For every cup of oatmeal use 2 cups of liquid- I like to use water and milk (half and half) simply because it becomes creamier as it cooks. Add 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and one chopped apple. Cook on medium heat until it is soft and creamy.

Serve with fresh pears and a side of yogurt of your preference.

Yum!

My song choice today is:

younger brother- night led me ashtray

Comments

Popular Posts