A refreshing salad for a hot day






















Recently I have been busy packing, doing laundry, shopping for gifts and cooking some comfort meals for my pregnant friend. Ufff, busy. In a few days, I will be traveling and hopefully getting the much needed break from doing the dishes. But, knowing me, I will be cooking and baking for my hosts as soon as I unpack my suitcases and catch up on some sleep.

Today dinner will be fast, easy and refreshing. A timeless classic that makes you feel good when it is hot outside. A simple canaloupe and jamon salad with lemon and parsley, served with a baguette, heated up in a pan with some olive oil and good aged cheddar melted on the top.

1 Cantaloupe
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Prosciutto or Spanish Jamon- 6 slices
6 small or 1 large fresh buffallo mozzarella
few springs of parsley


Chop the cantaloupe and mozzarella, tear the ham and toss together. Mix the olive oil with the lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss with the salad and the parsley.

ENJOY!



Comments

Popular Posts