Belgian Chocolates and Food on Planes




































Wow, I was trying to get the easiest flight possible assuming that travelling with a baby by myself would be quite challenging and in the end the flight was the longest I have ever taken from Canada to Poland! How did that happen? I am not quite sure.




First of all being told that I should be at that airport as long before the flight as I can I did so only to find out that they could not help me in getting neither a bassinette for my baby nor an empty seat. Then I find out that on our way to Brussels we are going to stop over in Montreal? Montreal I thought? Noone told me that when I was buying the ticket. You will not even feel it! I was told. We will only leave the plane and get back on it in a matter of minutes! Ok, I thought it cannot be that bad. Yes, I have two bags and a baby carrier with me but I also a stroller that will be returned to me as I am leaving the plane. The next moment we are sitting on the plane for 1 hour waiting for a signal to go because of the weather conditions in Montreal. At this point I know already that I am not going to make my connection from Brussles to Berlin. Then in Montreal there were some 'technical issues' so the plane ended up leaving three hours later on top of the original delay. I ended up waiting for six hours at the Brussels airport and my whole trip including the time from when I left the house took about 30 hours instead of the regual 13-14 hours. Wow. Finally picked up in Berlin by my family we had a two hour drive which ended up being a 5 hour drive. Highway traffic because of an accident and our tire needed changing!



Finally we are here and enjoying some lovely weather, coffee with freshly picked raspberries from the garden and a homemade bortsch. Tomorrow a party! A Polish wedding!




Also, if you need to know anything about the Brussels airport I know it all now!



And of course, I could not leave Brussells without some chocolates ;)


As for the food on the plane, hmmmm, it is really not worth mentioning ;) En route to Montreal Air Canada treated us to a bite size bag of pretzels. Then on our way to Brussells dinner consisted of a piece of chicken with rice and a funny tasting corn salad and a piece of chocolate cake that could last in your fridge for years, I bet. Breakfast was North American style, a muffin, not crunchy and fresh, just a bit cold and wet. Hmmmm......And I could have made everything better by drinking wine, if I only could. Brussells Air was amazing though, they helped me with taking everything on the plane, took her when I had to go to the bathroom and gave her some toys plus a seat belt that attached to mine! And a real sandwich even though it was a short flight!

And I do not have to say anything about Belgian chocolates....

Comments

Popular Posts