I ate this today......




I have never thought much of Mexican candy, being born in Europe where chocolate is plenty and really delicious I thought of sweets from other continents as containing too much sugar to even enjoy it. How wrong was I! It turns out that they have a wonderful selection of candy I have never seen before and it is really not that sweet. Chewy caramels with pecans, candy made with rosewater, granola bars with nutritious amaranth, chewy coconut bars, delicious spiced chocolate cakes, flans and a whole variety of wonderful drinks to beat the heat!
Today I want to write about Sevillanas, they are a range of products, but my favourite are obleas, a crispy wafer with creamy caramel inside. It only has 40 calories but it will keep you satisfied for much longer than any 100 calorie pack of snacks. That was my guilt free snack for today. You can get those at any Mexican store or Kensington market. Yummy! Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts