Siempre Mi Mente- Kahlua Espresso Cake




Do you ever wonder about fate?


Why certain things happen at specific times and have an irreversible impact on us that will never leave you the same person as it found you? Things that stay in your memory, engraved forever that help you through difficult times when you wonder if you can keep on going? When nothing, but bills, health or whatever other problems seem neverending and all the magic has disappeared? I wonder sometimes if these magical moments happen to all of us, but some of us prefer not to notice or simply do not believe? 


     

Believe..... it is harder as you grow up and you have everyone around you judge you and know better what is right for you.










But hold on and do not give up as you will need those moments to feed you in those tough times. Whatever these moments are for you they will find you and make you feel good, so look around and notice!

Now onto the food and my new favourite- Cake and Kahlua- how can this not taste amazing? Tasting this cake for the first time was definitely magical and I have a new go to for friends, neighbors and parties, since I am usually the person in charge of dessert.



Cake 

1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup Kahlua
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons (10 grams) baking powder
1/4 teaspoon  kosher salt

Swirled Glaze

1 cup plus 4 tablespoons icing sugar
1 tablespoon Kahlua
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream



Preheat the oven to 325 F. Spray a 9x5- inch loaf pan with baking spray. Line with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.

In a stand mixer (or hand held), beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add milk, coffee liqueur and espresso powder, stirring until coffee is dissolved. Whisk in eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for about 1 hour. Let cool.

Prepare the glaze by stirring all the glaze ingredients together until smooth and pour over the cake.


If you have almond paste or almond streusel, sprinkle over the cake before baking.







You can make your own almond paste by grinding almonds with vanilla, icing sugar or regular sugar and some alcohol in a food processor. I will be amazing on muffins, cakes, French toast and it will last in the fridge for a while.

Another thing on my mind recently is this song.....






You are always on my mind
I'm thinking of you every moment, my love.
How do you expect that I can forget you?
If you are always...
always on my mind.
CHORUS

What can I do? I don't know... I can't find anything...
I can't find a solution
And I try to forget you
I want to forget you
And I don't know how to forget
Always on my mind
You are always on my mind
How did you do to forget about me?
Help me to forget you... on my mind
you are always... always you...
always on my mind.
CHORUS
Always on my mind, how do I forget you
Always on my mind.............


Comments

Popular Posts